- Our Vision
- Our Commitment
- Our Story
- Power Facts
- Key Performance Metrics
The Hawaiian Electric Companies urge fireworks safety on Fourth of July
Release Date: 6/27/2017
HONOLULU, June 27, 2017 - Fourth of July celebrations often include fireworks, and the Hawaiian Electric Companies encourage residents to exercise caution when setting off devices.
To ensure a safe Independence Day, we offer the following tips:
- Carefully set up and use fireworks in areas that are clear of overhead power lines.
- Do not string fireworks on utility poles.
- Ensure a 10-foot clearance from power lines when using ladders or other tools to string fireworks.
- Do not use "confetti cannons" or other celebratory items containing metallic streamers near power lines.
- If an object should become tangled in an overhead power line, don't try to free it. Call our trouble line at:
- Oahu 1-855-304-1212
- Maui 871-7777
- Lanai or Molokai toll free at 1-877-871-8461
- Hawaii Island 969-6666