Sun Power for Schools
Kalama Intermediate School
The Sun Power for Schools system at Kahului Elementary School was installed on July 25, 2012, atop a ten foot tall portable building. This system is expected to produce about 1300 KWh annually. Kahului Elementary became the 10th school in Maui County to receive a photovoltaic system through this program.
- Total peak rating of 1.4 kilowatts (kW)
- Seven (7) Sharp 200 watt poly-crystalline silicon photovoltaic modules
- One (1) SMA Sunny Boy 1800U inverter
- DC and AC disconnection switches
- Data acquisition system (Data collection can be monitored and analyzed by students as part of integrated renewable energy lessons.)