Please call 808-871-7777 (Maui) or 877-871-8461 (Molokai, Lanai) if you are experiencing an outage to give our crews your specific address.
- Power Outages
- Storm Center
- Electrical Safety
- Indoor Safety
- Outdoor Safety
Receive Outage Updates
Register to receive power outage notifications on the County of Maui website. Sign up >
How to Report an Outage
Maui Electric's Trouble Line is 871-7777, or toll-free from Molokai and Lanai at 1-877-871-8461, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Before calling to report an outage, check to see if your neighbors still have power. If they do, check your home circuit breakers or fuses to help determine if your electric service loss might be a result of a household problem.
- Otherwise, please call Maui Electric and provide:
- Your address and your situation
- Time the power outage started
- Probable cause of the outage (i.e. a car accident, a fallen pole, etc.)
- During an emergency, please limit calls to help keep phone lines open. Call only if you don't hear a status report for an outage in your area or if you need to report a downed line or pole.
Life Support & Emergency Equipment
Let us know if you or anyone living in your home is dependent on life support or emergency equipment so that we can address this for planned maintenance outages. However, because unplanned outages can and do occur, it is important for customers on life support or in need of emergency equipment to make alternate plans should the power go.
Report a Broken or Damaged Streetlight
If you notice a streetlight that is out or not working properly, please let us know by filling out our Report Streetlight Outage form.