- Account Services
- Manuals & Engineering Specifications
- Power Quality
- Energy Saving for Businesses
Experiencing Electrical Problems?
Call our Trouble Line at 808-871-7777 (Maui) or 877-871-8461 (Molokai, Lanai) and request a voltage check.
Electrical Disturbance Log
The electrical disturbance log is the most important element that a customer can provide to the utility when you suspect a problem. Without a log, the power quality engineer may not be able to systematically and quickly uncover important information that could expedite finding the source of the problem.
The following items are the essential parts of a basic electrical disturbance log:
- Time of Occurrence - What was the date and time of each electrical disturbance?
- Equipment Affected - What equipment was adversely affected, and what were the consequences? Note any equipment failures or data losses.
- Length of Outage - Document the length of the outage in one of three ways: shorter than two seconds, two to 120 seconds, or longer than two minutes. This will help identify what type of electrical disturbance occurred.
- Weather Conditions - Note the temperature and any special weather conditions such as wind, lightning, or rain.
An example of an electrical disturbance log is shown below:
|Date||Time (AM/PM)||Equipment Affected and Description||Length of Outage (Under 2 sec)(2-120 sec) (Over 2 min)||Weather Conditions||Reported By|
|7/10/01||6:45AM||Building AC chiller tripped off-line||none||70s, light wind||Bill|
|7/10/01||7:15PM||Building AC chiller tripped off-line||none||80, 10-15mph wind, light rain||Pete|
|7/12/01||6:15AM||Building AC chiller tripped off-line||1/2 sec||72 deg, calm winds||Harru|
|7/13/01||7:45AM||Building AC chiller tripped off-line||none||78 deg, 10-15 mph wind||Bill|
|17/15/01||6:30AM||Building AC chiller tripped off-line||none||72 deg, light wind||Bill|
Please keep in mind that this log is the most important element to help identify the cause of the equipment malfunctions. Record information as soon as possible after a disturbance as accurate information will provide valuable clues toward a solution.